Dear Valued Client,
Based on the current and escalated pandemic that South Africa is dealing with, SANAS has reviewed the R47-02 procedures in terms of paragraph 18.1.1, which outline that no score can be given without an on-site assessment of an entity, to accommodate B-BBEE Verification Agencies.
The following guidelines have been implemented by SANAS and have specifically been communicated to all B-BBEE Verification Agencies by Mr. Yuneal Padayachy, the Accreditation Manager: B-BBEE, and Mr. Mpho Phaloane, the Executive: Accreditation.
- The normal engagement processes between the Accredited Agency and the Measured Entity shall be conducted.
- On-site visits may be conducted remotely via any suitable recorded video communications channel, if the on-site assessment is not viable.
- All necessary documentation that is required by the B-BBEE Agency shall be obtained to support the accreditation process.
- Where documents that cannot be obtained, the B-BBEE Verification Agency shall view these documents via any suitable video communications channel, and which must be recorded appropriately.
- All interviews to be conducted via any suitable video / teleconferencing communications channel, which will be recorded and saved internally.
- A Director of a Measured Entity to provide Sworn Affidavits confirming physical location as well as all information provided in relation to the B-BBEE verification as true and accurate.
- Measured Entities to provide proof of physical address not older than three months.
- The B-BBEE Verification Agency shall identify all risks and mitigate these risks with regards to on-site visits during this time.
- It should be noted that this is not a permanent solution, and it will be reviewed on a monthly basis from 18 March 2020 and will be implemented until further notice.
Honeycomb would like to assure you that we will continue to execute all services offered remotely as we are fully equipped to do so.
The Honeycomb Team will keep you updated as regularly as possible with any and all updates. However, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
The Honeycomb Team