Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Broad-Based Economic Empowerment?
Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) or Broad-Based Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) is a programme initiated by the South African government to remedy the inequalities of the past, thus giving previously disadvantaged groups, which are South African citizens, economic inclusion – previously not available to them.
2. What are the different BEE rating types?
Exempt Micro Enterprise
Qualifying Small Enterprises
3. How does Honeycomb’s BEE Ratings verification process work?
3.1. A formal introductory meeting is conducted to ascertain the BBBEE needs of your company.
3.2. An on-site verification of the evidence submitted for each of the elements is checked. Upon successful completion, a BBBEE verification certificate and final report will be issued
4. How long does the verification process take?
Ideally 4-6 weeks (dependent on data submitted).
There is an ability to do urgent verifications in just 2-3 weeks if required.
5. Is Honeycomb BEE Ratings SANAS accredited?
6. Can I use Honeycomb BEE Ratings logo?
No – not allowed to use SANAS logo either.
7. Can I obtain a PDF version of my certificate to upload on my website?